Wednesday, March 22, 2006

WOO! I have a home

Tuesday, March 21st

I got word this morning that I got the place and stopped over after work to give them the rest of the documentation. I move in the 1st of April. I couldn't be happier, I am already hitting it off with them. The husband is a musician and invited me out to the clubs with them, but I can't do that on a school night :)

After dropping off the paperwork, and a short nap I headed over to Bally's for some 3/6 full kill action. The game was pretty darn good for a weekday and I was very pleased with myself. The cards were bad, the suckouts were there, and I managed to keep my head. A few hands of note...

- QQ in the big blind, folded to me.
- QQ Under the gun, raise and I lose to 9/10 off who hits a straight on the turn.
- J/9 and flop is 9/9/x capped by a guy holding 9/8 and the river pairs the board to split the pot.

After 2 hours I was only down 50 and feeling proud I wasn't down more. I then finally got some cards getting QQ twice and JJ once all holding up. Made a marvelous play at a pot on a guy who wanted to fold, so I inspired him by betting. He folded showing his bottom pair which beat my Ace high. Then this hand comes up:

KK under the gun and I raise. 5 callers. Flop is Q high and I lead out, a few callers and a raise from a very passive girl in the 1 seat. I 3 bet to find out how serious she is and fold the rest of the table as she calls. So I figure her for AQ or maybe 2 pair, turn is a J and I lead into her and she calls. So now I am sure she only has top pair. River is a K giving me trips, I think of a check/raise acting afraid of that but she is too passive to bet it. So I bet and she calls and shows Pocket Aces! Oh my! Talk about playing Aces passive... wow. She raised ONE time with them before giving up and calling down. Of course this was followed by the comment you always get "Aces never win at limit". Well not if you play them like that! SHEESH! You have to charge people for beating you.

So almost midnight and 3.5 hours of play, up 110 and off to bed. It is nice after the weekend I had to finally get a decent hourly rate out of the game.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Yes, but does your new roomie offer massages?