Monday, March 27, 2006

I thought I had friends

Anyone who knows me knows I love SciFi and Fantasy shows.. movies, TV series, books, etc. I was also a huge fan of Dr. Who back in the day (well reruns but it was new to me!). So someone explain to me why NONE of my friends told me a new Dr. Who was on SciFi since late in 2005! FINE! Keep the secrets from me... hmmph.

I wanted to go by the half price ticket place tonight and see if they generally had Carrot Top tickets available for Thursday. Since it is right next to the MGM I might as well stay and play there. After dinner at the Palms (not bad but not awesome either), I headed to the MGM. I normally take Mondays off for a reason and now I know what it was... The place was a ghost town, only one 3/6 game and one 4/8 going short handed, and the game was fairly bad... I dropped down over 100 before coming back to finish +25 at poker. I really felt like I played about as perfect as I could tonight... but when you play for 4 hours and see QQ once, JJ twice and AJ once as the only premium hands, being up 25 is a feat.

The table was really tight with a lot of good players, but it was a blast to play at. There were 4 guys from england there, one guy who had lost his luggage in Chicago, and one guy from Florida. We had such a great time I wouldn't have cared if I lost 200. A couple hilarious hands from tonight...

I get dealt 6/4 suited in the BB and it is raised behind me, for some reason I called. Flop is KK8 and it is checked to me heads up with 2 hearts on the board I bet my flush draw. He calls, and the turn pairs the board. He checks and I bet. He folds face up saying "My 7 kicker is no good". So I show him my 6 kicker and everyone busts a gut laughing at that one.

Earlier in the night I got JJ and the same guy from the 6/4 hand had QQ and with the board being 5 high I went all the way to the river losing a nice size pot. So towards the end of the night I get dealt QQ and he raises into me. I 3 bet and ask him "Do you have the hooks?" to which he responds "Yeah, you have Q's?" and I of course tell the truth for once and say yes. We go bet/call to the river and we were both telling the truth and I scoop a nice pot.

Before heading over to poker I have to pass the Blackjack tables which is a dangerous thing for me. Now apparently half of the MGM Blackjack tables are stay on 17 rules, the other half are hit soft 17. Stay on 17, double any 2, double after split, and resplit Aces is a heck of a good blackjack game. One of the best I have seen in Vegas to date... So of course I had to sit down, and cashed out up 80 after 3 shoes.

No comments: