Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Star Struck

Sunday, March 19th

After a relaxing morning I headed to the Bellagio around 1 PM. Now I have been craving some good chili and the snack bar at the Bellagio had some. Oh boy did it hit the spot, even at 4 dollars a cup! I finally got into a 4/8 table full of donks, including a trio of Georgia Tech grads who all had no idea what they were doing but were obviously riding the Irish Luck box because they couldn't lose.

A couple hours into the game I see a familiar face walk in, Freddy Deeb and Daniel Negreanu are playing a 4000/8000 mixed game in the glass room at the Bellagio. It was surreal to see them sitting there all relaxing with 100's of thousands of dollars sitting in front of them. They looked so normal and were only a few feet away from me. This had to be one of the coolest days in Vegas so far. The Five Diamond classic is in the first part of April at the Bellagio and I will have to find out about how to go watch the final table.

Unfortunately that was the highlight of my day as my cards were horrible and the ones that did hit got sucked out on. Not to mention I was pressing once again and playing to long with the bad end of a hand and ended down 160. I left around 10 PM and hit the blackjack tables managing to make back 150 of it, before going home and crashing out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy Crap! You didn't tell me you saw Daniel Negreanu. He's my favorite! How could you not tell me? Wow.