Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Weekend at the Wynn

Friday, March 17th

I stayed out until 3 AM on thursday night, and slept in this morning. I decided to skip class as the teacher I normally would work with was out sick and the sub was not very good on Thursday. About lunch time I went to look at a nice apartment with a small room. It was a great location but I didn't feel like it was perfect, so I am going to look at others.

A nice mid-afternoon nap and a relaxing day on the couch before I went to the Wynn around 6 PM for some poker. I fully expected the Wynn to be full of high rolling whales, but it was almost all locals at my table. The table had a few fish at it, but in general was a really tough game. It is unusual for me to be in a 4/8 game where I don't feel like I am one of the two best players in the game.... This time I really did feel like I might not be the best player here.

Interestingly the other players had the same impression of me, and at one point in the game decided I never bluffed and always folded to me. So of course, I bluffed and showed them.. but until then everytime I raised on the flop everyone folded. I even had a guy laydown top 2 pair to my flopped set on the river for 1 bet. He said "I don't know how I am beaten, but I know I am."

I did manage to hit a few hands, and despite playing mediocre at best. I still took over 100 out of the game and went home around 11.

No comments: