Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Relaxing day at the River

Saturday, March 11th

Laughlin, NV is on the Colorado River with a beautiful view of the mountains surrounding it. It is a very peaceful and relaxing place. The original plan on Saturday was to get up and signup for the 10 AM tournament at the Belle, go eat breakfast, play (and win of course), eat lunch, watch a movie, play for 5-6 more hours and go to bed for the trip to Vegas in the morning.

Well, that plan got shot to shit. The tournament was sold out more than an hour ahead of time, breakfast line was 2 miles long... so I hit the buffet and walked over to the Edgewater to play some Blackjack. I quickly went up 50 bucks but the table was a ton of fun and I decided to stay so of course I lost all of that and another 50 before slowly building back up and finally cashing out 2 hours later up 200. Lunch was some quick pizza and then I went and saw The Libertine which was an interesting yet odd movie.

Back to the poker room at Laughlin's Riverside and the 4/8 full kill game there. It was the only one running and boy was it juicy. I was card dead for awhile and managed to steal a NICE pot from a guy when we had the same hand and he folded to my aggression. I then showed him after he showed me and he tilted for the next hour. A few more big hands later, and a nice outflop with KQ vs AK on an AJ10 flop and I cashed out up 300.

The Riverside poker room has a gorgeous view of the river and the mountains that made it very easy to sit and wait on hands as I was just enjoying the scenary when I was card dead. I would definately recommend this room.

No comments: