Sunday, March 19, 2006

Don't close my table Biatch!

Thursday, March 9th

The wind is still blowing but nothing like it was yesterday, so I heading up to the Sandia Peak tram and up the mountain for lunch. It turns out I am not COMPLETELY over my head congestion from the allergies in Tulsa. That is not a really big deal until you get up to 11,000 feet above sea level and your ears won't pop because of your head congestion! Talk about immense pain, OUCH! I had brought a book to read at the scenic restaurant on the top of the mountain looking out over the majestic views. It didn't work so well... I ate (AWESOME food btw wow), and went right back down. The view from up there was amazing! You can see for miles and miles and it is so peaceful. There was no snow even this time of year due to the drought they were having, but it was still majestic. They have very nice day hike trails up and down the mountain and I really wish I had brought some hiking boots and done that, it would have been so beautiful. I have uploaded some beatiful scenic pictures from the top of the mountain here

After a short nap and some recovery of the ear's pressure issues, I headed for the poker room again. There was a 7 PM World Series of Poker qualifying tournament I thought of playing in, but it was 140 people + and I didn't want to stay up that late with the long 12+ hour drive tomorrow to Laughlin, NV. I get a seat in the 4/8 and noticec a distinct difference in the lineup. There is a lot of trash talking, attitude, criticism, etc. The crowd tonight is just a complete but of a-holes and I am really glad I didn't play in the tournament if these are the people in there. I am looking forward to the tourney starting so I can play with the friendly normal people who I have won so much from the previous two days!

7 PM rolls around and they come around to find out who is going to be in the tourney, etc and write down the names of those who are not. Then they CLOSE EVERY TABLE! Yes, they kick EVERYONE off of every table and use all the tables and all the dealers for the tournament with 20-30 alternates. It is almost 2 hours before they open another 4/8 table and in that period of time I find dinner and a blackjack table and manage to lose 100 dollars. Thanks for closing the tables!

Around midnight I get back up to +200 at the tables and begin to consider that I am tired, have a long drive and should go to bed. However, the fish are not out of money yet and I don't think I should leave a good table because I reached a goal or have somewhere to go. So I decided to stay another hour, well an hour of bad cards puts me on tilt, 2 hours of bad cards pisses me off, and then my one good hand in 3 hours losing sends me to bed pissed off at 3 AM down 200 for the night.

I was so irritated at my play, my attitude, and my losses that I couldn't even sleep soundly. I had to be up at 7 AM to leave and hit the Grand Canyon tour I had booked by 2:30 PM so 3 hours of restless sleep, a 12 hour drive ahead of me... what a good plan this is!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Bro. You have to take the good with the bad.

I hope your allergies give you a break soon. We are all rooting for you back in Georgia.

Talk to you again soon,
Lance

Anonymous said...

Look! It's you it's you it's you! :-)