Monday, March 27, 2006

Lazy Sunday

There are days when you just don't feel like getting out of bed. I got home at 10 PM on Saturday and didn't get off the couch until after 1 PM on Sunday. It was beautiful... I have been going to hard, and having a good Saturday allowed me to relax and enjoy Sunday. It was absolutely stunnning here... wow. 75 and sunny, not a cloud in the sky. I found myself with the windows down sitting at stoplights admiring the country. I know it gets hot sometimes (heh... sometimes), but it is gorgeous right now!

I ended up not getting to the Rio until 2:30 PM and only stayed until 5:30. This place is so insane that I just didn't want to be there anymore, and I knew if I didn't want to play I would get sucked into the table and get destroyed (as I saw several other people doing). It was 7-8 to the flop, every pot was over 100 dollars, and noone was folding if they had ANY draw. I watched it go bet, reraise, 3 bet, 4 bet and then watch 3 people coldcall with stuff like K6 offsuit. I ended up 68 after 3 hours and decided to call it a day. I know I can beat this game for a ton over time, but I have to have the right mindset...

After dinner and relaxing some I ended up going to bed early and having a nice relaxing day. It felt good :) I am going to see Carrot Top on Thursday, so I am probably going to have to work on Monday but for now.. sleep is the answer.

Oh and btw, someone has to explain to me how a fast food joint like In and Out burger can get 80 people in line on a Sunday afternoon. The freaking drive thru was 20 cars long and it was moving FAST! It was absolutely incredible... nowhere to sit within a 2 block radius... people on the grass, sidewalks, everywhere.

No comments: