Wednesday, March 22, 2006

This is why God invented Hazard lights

Tuesday, March 14th

Monday morning about 3 AM I woke up with some intestinal problems. Now my stomach is very sensitive in general (which I often ignore and just deal with the consequences) but after the 5th visit to the restroom I thought I might have an issue. So in the morning I decided to eat things which might give me a chance to "hold it together", ie Oatmeal, fruit, etc. Well that didn't help and a few more visits to the restroom left me very unhappy. Trevor and company left to go to work at the Riviera and I loaded up my car and headed to the Pharmacy. I figured some Pepto would solve everything. Well I don't think I got it down in time as halfway back to the hotel I was stopped at a stoplight (with a long line behind me) and had no choice but to deposit breakfast back into nature. Needless to say, the other cars went around! Surpisingly noone honked at me... which was awful kind of them.

I felt a little better after emptying my stomach but after a cup of soup I was still not feeling well. Yet I had no place to live yet and the plan was to spend Monday finding temporary housing. So I went to the top place on my list a 12 bedroom boarding house run by Bootsie! :) Took a look at it and signed the lease immediately. It wasn't perfect but it had a bed a TV and a bathroom. This was all very impt at that time. $160 a week for a decent sized room and a shared bathroom and I had a home in Vegas.

I tried to meet up with Trevor on Monday night but failed as I went to sleep at 3 PM and slept 17 hours straight. I think I was sick... hard to say, but pretty sure that qualifies.

Tuesday I went to the store, got a few things and laid on the couch all day sleeping most of it. Isn't it nice to arrive in your new home and immediately make an impression. I will never forget the greeting the bathrooms in Vegas gave me... warm and welcoming indeed.

No comments: