Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas

Sunday, March 11th

Well it is official. I am in Las Vegas. The end point of my travels and my new home until I run out of money or reach my goals. It was a quick 2 hour drive from Laughlin and I had to go find this stupid hotel WAY out in Summerlin. Apparently when you have everything you own in the car, it is not exactly ideal for picking up people from the airport. Trevor and his friend Jason were arriving in an hour and I had to unload the car at the hotel so they could fit in there. It was extremely entertaining to see the hotel clerks face when I rolled in a whole bunch of luggage for one night.

After getting Trevor from the airport, and checking into the room we headed back into town to the Luxor for their ticket tournament (and lunch). The ticket tourney is a locals thing where if you play X hours in a week you get into a tournament where they pay for the most pots over 30 dollars won. So the locals play like idiots trying to win the pots and the smart people rake it in. However, this time it was No-limit to qualify for the pots and as such the 2/4 games were HORRID. We only stayed about an hour and I cashed out down 12. We then headed to the MGM where I love playing, and was having a grand old time. I played poorly though and despite running up to +100 I managed to give it all back and cash out +8.

A trip to the Excalibur for one final spot and a few winning hands, and a really nice draw coming in put me up 50 there for +46 for the day. Quick dinner and to bed as we were all tired around 1 AM.

No comments: