Wednesday, June 28, 2006

World Series Update

Well 2 days in and it is a little less exciting than I had expected. The people running the dealers and the events are really far behind. I generally am sitting and waiting for 1-2 hours before I even start dealing, and they have so many dealers I haven't worked a full 8 hour shift yet. Nothing extremely exciting so far... lots of poker celebs running around but none at my table. A few very loose No-limit games, but otherwise nothing exciting.

I have decided in my cash games I like this no-limit stuff.... 5 sessions of No-limit and up all 5, at least 2 buy-ins normally 3-4. I played this afternoon and was up 7 buy-ins at 1/2 NL with a $100 buy-in.

I finished up my Month 4 numbers and so far after 4 months I am not doing to bad. So far I have made $12,560 after taxes for an average of a little over $3,000 a month. It is less than I made as a computer engineer, but with a LOT less hours and a whole lot more upside.... So I can't complain to much at all... especially since I was in class for 2 of those months and travelling for 3 weeks.... So all in all, unemployed for about 3 months isn't TOOO bad to not be belly up.

No comments: