Sunday, June 18, 2006

Going Going GONE!

I have discovered that no matter how little stuff I have, I STILL hate moving. Hooking up utilities, unpacking, setting stuff up, etc... It is beyond annoying. To top it off, I moved into an apartment with nothing... so I now have that empty room problem!

The past week has been swamped with stuff. The house sold and closes on June 30th, but I lost the keys to it.. so I had to track down a copy and get it to the agent (who managed to lose the one I gave them), I took and aced my final exam so I am officially graduated. I had an audition for a 3 day tournament at the Imperial Palace which I got a perfect score on. I also walked into the Rio and saw that the final freeroll for a world series seat required 50 hours between June 1 and June 15, unfortunately I didn't see it until June 8... So I put it into overdrive to hit 50 hours.

I also had the Station freeroll which I played very well until I managed to invent a new way to lose. Virtually guaranteed moving onto day 2 I made a dumb move and finished 120th out of 500 (top 100 move on to day 2).

The Rio freeroll was tonight, and it was really a very very nice structure. 30 minute rounds, 5000 in chips, 25/25 blinds to start. I lasted 3 hours before pushing in with KK and 5800 in chips and getting called by 66 who then flopped quads on me. I went out 24th out of 39. Not a bad showing... but that pot would have put me up near the chip lead and in good position to win the 10k first prize.

No comments: