Monday, June 26, 2006

Here comes the world series

I went to see Click last night, very good movie.. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It makes an interesting statement about what is important in life, and how you can get too caught up in what you HAVE to do and not what you really WANT to do. In the movie he misses his kids camping trip because his boss wants him to do a job for him. It really makes me appreciate the direction I have chosen for my life. I turned 35 a few weeks ago and I am more than halfway to retirement and couldn't be happier. I really feel like I am doing what *I* want to do and it really shows in my attitude and my work.

I finished the Imperial Palace 3 day gig on Sunday and start the world series on Monday at 10 PM. Once again, at the end of a temporary gig I was approached about a position with them. Obviously, my attitude and professionalism keeps attracting attention. Everywhere I go I meet more people and more people learn my name and my face. I have so many opportunities and options coming at me now I am actually have to turn stuff down.

I had orientation for the World Series of Poker on Thursday and got to see "THE ROOM" for the first time. 208 tables in a massive room... It is going to be insane seeing THAT many poker players in the same place playing. I got assigned "Swing7" shift which means I will be coming in everyday sometime between 2 PM and 11 PM. It is one of my favorite shifts and I am estatic to have drawn it. I can't wait to get started tonight and it is going to be a blast. I saw some of the dealers from Mandalay there, and it was nice to catch up with all my friends from class and previous jobs.

No comments: