Wednesday, May 31, 2006

It's just money

Apparently even when people buy-in for 1,000 or more dollars, have 1 hour rounds, and blinds that start low.. they still play crazy and reckless. I thought the all-in fest was just for these silly bar tournament and low buy-ins, but even at the top levels it is craziness. I saw a guy CALL an all-in with top pair, *10* kicker. WTF! Another one call an all-in with a pair of 10's on a 7 high board. This was within the first 5 freakin minutes!

It is amazing how many things you can find to do when you aren't careful... I have another week of the WPT, Might and Magic V is coming out for the PC, TitanQuest is due out in 2 weeks, Rio is having another 80 hour free roll so I need to find 80 hours of time to play there, and I just finished qualifying for the Red Rock freeroll. Sheesh... I am just swamped! Not to mention moving, World Series of Poker, and apparently I need a bed to sleep on. Hmmph.

Red Rock went well last night, it is obvious I CANNOT play with friends at the table. I completely lose track of the game and give my money away. Ended the night up 28, but it should have been more but I had WAY to much fun... the good news is that having a good amount of money coming in has improved my poker game 2000%! Not NEEDING the money I am winning or losing has made me a much better player... thank goodness I predicted SOMETHING right.

I stopped by class real quickly yesterday and gave an update on what was going on, what to expect, etc. My instructors were very impressed with how much I have learned so quickly... It is amazing what you learn and how fast you improve when you are enjoying yourself and WANT to get better. Everyone keeps telling me that it won't be as much fun in the future, etc... but I just don't see that. There are some very bitter, angry people in this industry. I just have to stay away from those and hang out with the positive ones like Susie Lederer and some of the other dealers I am meeting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»