Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I could've been a STAR!

You know they say timing is everything... the company I used to work for was sold, and all the employes got a nice bonus from the former owners in the multiple thousand dollar range, and now I found out that MTV is PAYING people to move to Las Vegas to become a dealer for a new reality show! DOH!!!!!

My 2nd night of dealing went even better than the first. I am starting to settle in and get used to everything there. It is amazing how all the little things they mention in class becomes HUGE in the real game. Keeping control of the situation, moving cards out of the way before pushing pots, etc, declaring all actions, etc. It is amazing how many things there are to do, and how important all the little things are in the long run.

I got my tips for Saturday night. Worked almost 2 hours and got $31 in tips. Not to shabby since I also get $10 an hour base pay for working the tourneys... Tuesday night I get to deal the final table, so it will be more like 2-3 hours.

After work I went by the Red Rock to play and ended up staying until 1:30 AM and finishing up 107. The bad thing though is that I was playing SOOO well and was up 200, and then got rivered and before I knew what happened 2 hours had gone by and I was back to even. I really have to stay focused at the table and pay attention to how I am feeling and when I am not playing well get up. I can't afford to keep learning these same lessons over and over again...

No comments: