Friday, July 21, 2006

Quick Update

Sorry for the long delay in updates... It has been hectic crazy lately. The world series is... well going. Highlights so far.

- first paycheck was less than half what everyone expected, so huge uproar from the dealers.
- second paycheck was even worse... So a bunch quit.
- Another 100 or so walked out in the middle of the shift and demanded to see the boss.
- A decision that paying everyone by hours worked, while being unable to control what everyone did or where they did it at, encouraged people to clock in and hide for 8 hours. So the hourly pay was scrapped, and it went back to paying you for how much you worked (novel concept I know)

So that has been quite the excitement... the money isn't as good as expected. However, $30 an hour or so isn't exactly slave wages. If I had to pay travel expenses, etc I might be a little more upset.

I have been playing some no-limit in my spare time. I am discovering that unlike limit when I do something stupid it is VERY expensive. I have to work on my decision making process and thinking through everything. It has been a painful learning experience to say the least, but I am learning and growing in that... it will also help my tournament play.

It is very nice to be able to relax and know the paychecks are coming in to pay the bills... Not to mention as of the 17th the house is officially sold! So that makes life much more relaxed.

No comments: