Saturday, July 22, 2006

Overtime

Apparently when you piss off enough employees it eventually comes back to haunt you. They originally hired about 900 dealers for the World Series of Poker and are down to 550 after the most recent round of walk-outs and firings.

Yesterday was the 2000 dollar buy-in event which had "only" 2050 players.. However, they had about 20 dealers call-in sick and didn't have enough to start with, so we ended up with Chip Runners and Managers dealing for the first 2 hours with no breaks. Of course, as soon as the 12 PM tournnament started breaking down they had live cash games starting, satellite's, a 3 PM tournament, a 5 PM tournament, a 7 PM tournament, a dinner break, etc. So I ended up dealing 6 straight hours (as did almost everyone else) without a break and worked 11 hours with only 2 short 15 minute breaks. I didn't realize how tired I could get dealing poker... now I do!

Lucky for me I have Saturday off so I can recover. A good nights sleep and now I am off to look for a real job after the series if over. I have a few leads on some... I just hope one pans out.

No comments: