Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Vacation Overload

There are times when you go on vacation and the story is "Yeah, we had a good time and got to see everyone again". Then there are other times where your vacation sounds like you decided to fill every waking hour with something to do... This was one of those trips.

To start out with I booked a great flight direct out of Las Vegas to Orlando to meet up with the rest of my immediate family and their spouses/children at Disney. It left Vegas at 11 AM and arrived in Orlanda at 6 PM. A Perfect flight on the 19th of december. So I requested my vacation time at work from December 20th to December 25th. This was less effective than I had planned it to be, since I actually left on the morning of the 19th!

I went to work and told them "Oh my I made a mistake I can't work on Tuesday". So I had to apologize to the big boss, and get him to fix the mistake I made. We were already short staffed that day, so the Supervisor was mad, etc. I then get home from work and get a message from my Mother saying she will pick me up at 6 AM on Wednesday morning in Orlando. 6 *AM*! Oh crap... I go check my flight info to inform her that she is wrong, when I find out she is right! DOH! I booked an 11 PM Flight on Tuesday! Well crap... so now I *CAN* work on the 19th since I was scheduled for 10 AM, and so I called my boss and told him so. Unfortunately I didn't write it down and send it to him, I just called him. I had originally written down the original problem. So written trumps verbal.. and when I came to work on Tuesday morning the schedule had changed and I was off that day. Oops.

The flight went fine and we got there right on time. Dad was there to pick us up and we got caught up with everyone at the condo before going to take a short 4 hour nap, drove to get Clarese from her Dad, and got everyone all together for dinner. The weather was moving in and the original plan was to go to Universal Studios on Friday and Disney Christmas thing on Thursday night. However, with Clarese only being in Orlando for 2 days, and it maybe raining on Friday, and us leaving on Saturday we decided to go to Universal Islands of Adventure on Thursday morning just in case we didn't get to go to Universal on Friday. It turned out it didn't rain until after we finished on Friday and we had a great time at everything. The rollercoasters were awesome, Clarese had a great time (I enjoyed it a little as well, but don't tell her. I want her to think I just went for her). Disney world for christmas was great.

We left early Saturday morning for the extended family christmas in Thomasville, and then got home late before doing our immediate family christmas on Christmas Eve. Our flight back was at 1 PM from Atlanta so we had to get up and leave Bainbridge at 6 AM. We made it in record time since there was no traffic and hit the airport early and had an hour and a half extra to eat and relax.

Now in most airports security they have a little white bucket that you put your keys, phone, etc in. While they have big gray trays you put the big stuff like your laptop. etc. However in atlanta they do not have the little white trays. So the man yelled at me for bringing my keys with me to the scanner, and made me go back and put them in a gray tray with my cellphone. This unfortunately put my keys/cellphone way behind the other stuff I put thru. Well... fast forward 2 hours and the plane is leaving in 10 mins which is when I realized I didn't get my keys and cellphone from the security checkpoint! So a mad rush, mad train ride, back to security where they had found my keys but NOT my cellphone. It could have been worse... we only have one key to the car! so losing both would have sucked. So now I have no cellphone! BAH! Time to get a new one and get everyone's number again.

Once I got back home and checked my schedule at work I was scheduled for the next 5 days straight after taking Sunday and Monday off for the vacation. It wasn't too bad with 3 9 AM shifts and all day shifts. This worked well since I was still on Atlanta time and was waking up at 6 or 7 AM anyways. So I had no problem getting to work. It was good to be back home after everything. It was great to see everyone, and I really had a good time. Clarese is with us now for the next 2 weeks and Estie's brother is coming to visit as well for a few days. So it is sure to be an exciting time!

No comments: