Friday, September 05, 2008

Let's get caught up

I have been SERIOUSLY slacking lately with a lot of things. So let's get caught up and back on track.

1) New job - Going well, working in an office now. Getting paid regularly is nice and having weekends off is AWFUL nice.

2) Online Poker - Going great have run my $5 free money up over $650. I have won several big 180 person tournaments and am rolling right along.

3) Live poker - For some reason I just can't seem to win anything. Tournaments, cash games, everything goes bad. I just don't get it... Part of it is impatience, but part of it is just plain bad luck. I got knocked out of the Venetian tournament on Saturday after flopping a flush against 2 pair. We both have 7200 in chips with the blinds at 25/50. Early position makes it 500, this guy makes it 1500. I put him on a set, as he had limped pre-flop and the board was Ace high, or potentially AK with the K of diamonds but seemed rather unlikely. So I pushed. He called with 2 pair and his boat rolled right off on the turn. I just don't get how you call a 7200 chip bet with 2 pair on a 3 diamond board, WTF did he think I had! He even said "I think you flopped a flush but I have outs if you did". Sheesh... I will give it some more attempts this weekend to find the right mix of tournaments.

Now for some new stuff. I have gotten back into sports betting with a new adjusted Reverse Line movement system and some additional resources that have done fairly well. Doing $50 bets I managed to clear a little over $1300 in the first weeks, so liking it so far :)

Here are tonights bets: (now that I wrote them down it will surely lose)

MLB:
OAK vs BAL - OAK +100
PHI vs NYM - PHI +117
KC vs CLE - KC +125
ARI vs LAD - LAD -128
Chicago Cubs -145

WNBA:
Conn -9.5
NY Over 158.5
PHX under 177
LA +2 1H
LA/SA under 143.5

College Football:
Navy under 61.5

Finally... I am looking at getting a new mode of transportation. Something other than the nice reliable Camry that has gotten me this far...

http://www.bikez.com/pictures/suzuki/2005/21384_0_1_2_sv%20650%20s_Image%20credits%20-%20Suzuki.jpg

I am going to go in a few weeks to take a safety course and get my license, then go out for some test drives.. little nervous but excited! There isn't a better place in the world to ride a motorcycle that Vegas. Lots of backroads, easy parking for bikes, no rain, etc... can't wait.

No comments: