Thursday, July 19, 2007

Time to get this party started

After a rough 6 months or so where I was trying to figure out how to play no-limit (and failing) and a falling bankroll and mounting bills, I was getting a little bit discouraged. The world series of poker ended yesterday about 4 AM and that got us completely caught up on everything. Now it is time to address this poker issue.

I spent some time thinking on things, and talking to Estie and friends/family. I don't think I am currently able to maintain the level of concentration and insight I need to play no-limit. I have way to big of an ego and way to much of a wandering mind to stay in the no-limit games. Limit I have a mathematical basis for everything I do. I know when I am getting too emotional in the game because the math no longer adds up. I went from averaging 3-4K a month in poker winnings to breaking about even at no-limit.

All this has lead me to a revitalized interest in poker and a drive to get back to playing 4-5 times a week. I have also moved back to Limit poker which means more work at finding good 4-8 and 8-16 games. It looks like at this time the only 8-16 games in town are at the Wynn and Bellagio. And the only reliable 4-8 games are at the Venetian, Wynn, Bellagio and really only in the evenings.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Good luck getting back to Limit! Glad to see an update again ;) The Star Wars CCG West Regionals is gonna be in Vegas (Holiday Inn-Nellis) on Aug 10-12, maybe a few of us can stop by and say hi! :)

Unknown said...

Way to get out there and throw down, man! Glad you're gettin' back in the groove.

Bald Eagle Poker said...

Thanks Chris... I will see all you guys in August for the SWCCG regionals. I setup with Brian to meet up on Friday night.