Monday, February 12, 2007

Valentines Day and Poker

This weekend Estie and I went to Ceaser's to play in a couples tournament. The structure was that we played the same chips and took turns every 20 minutes, and then when we were not playing we took turns playing at a live no-limit table with the same chips. In the end we both played very well for the first 3 hours, but as the blinds got higher and the chips got smaller I ended up making a move from under the gun with J9 suited (btw, probably not what I should have done as Estie will inform you) and got called by A10 and was knocked out.

We ended up finishing 16th out of 86 but they only paid the top 9. It was still a great time and we had a lot of fun playing together. In the cash game nothing spectacular happened as we ended up down $1 for the 4.5 hours we played. About 3 hours into the game a couple extremely drunk guys came in with their friends and played at the game with us. Well one of them was very loud and looked familiar... when someone called him Andy it clicked with Estie that this was Andy Dick sitting next to us offering her a beer... He really isn't that funny when he is completely wasted, but it was fun anyways.

Live games have gone better lately as I have adjusted my game back to a little more patience in it. I have been playing really well about 95% of the time and have had 5 straight winning sessions. However I am still making a few mistakes per day which are costing me a lot of money. It seems to happen after I start winning and relax my game and suddenly I called too many hands with nothing, and made to many reraises with mediocre hands, etc. And suddenly I was up 600 and now am up 400 or was up 400 and now up 150. It is a part of the game I have to adjust and will be working on for awhile.

No comments: