Monday, April 24, 2006

Month 2 Checkup

Well.. it has been 2 months now... the good news is that it is still going well.

Month 2 I put in 162 hours and was up $4,324 for an hourly rate of $26.69. A nice improvement from last month where my hourly rate was on $18.11 and I only got in 153 hours.

I really got a lot of experience with "Gamblers Memory" as there were several times where I tried to push an edge and got burned hitting two huge downswings of over 2000 each time. This is something I definately have to avoid.... riding the wave is good, riding it into the gutter is bad.

I also realized what the difference between a Gambler and a Real Poker player is. A Gambler remembers his wins and goes back again and again to get another one. They live for that rush. A poker player remembers his losses and plays to avoid those in the future, sometimes to the detriment of his game (ie limping with pocket Aces because they always lose anyways)

In month 3 I plan to focus more on my game and look at possibly moving up to a higher limit game and see if I can handle that. My win rate at 4/8 has been very solid. I also want to give a shot at some of the baby No-limit games as well to broaden my scope of games.

I of course want to get in my hours and get my hourly rate up, but that is normal :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bubba! I'm glad you are doing ok, just know that we still miss you. I hope that I can see you soon. Less than 2 months before Keith comes:) Love ya, Rissa

Unknown said...

Give'em hell and take'em down, Peiper! I hear $28/hr is a pretty decent wage! :) Wishing you continued success in the future...